Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 8 June 2024

The Women Behind Weatherfield - Danielle Baguley, Photographer



Tell us a bit about your role, what’s a standard day like for you?

On a standard day I’ll have numerous different scenes put in my diary, so I go onto different sets photographing the scenes which get sent to all the different magazines, newspapers and onlines. Sometimes we have special shoots in for the front covers of magazines, other days I’ll be photographing the actors for their cast cards, working with our sponsors or collaborating with design and shooting bespoke promo photography. I’ve been lucky enough on other days to photograph the Queen and Princess Anne! So every day is different, no two days are ever the same, which I love.

How did you get started in the industry?

When I was younger I always wanted to be a photographer but I got told photography wasn’t a real job so I put it to the back of my mind. Then when I was living in Australia I saw a photographer's gallery that I just thought was amazing and it made my mind up that this is what I wanted to pursue. So I went back to university and I ended up becoming an assistant for one of Manchester’s leading photographers and that’s how I got into what I’m doing today.

How long have you been at Coronation Street and what is it that keeps you here?

I’ve been here for five years now, what keeps me here is the people because when I was freelance, even though I loved it, I’d be in a different place every day and then at home editing alone. Whereas here I come to work, I’ve got friends here, every day I’m having a laugh and every day is different. It’s nice to have a big family unit at work and every day is varied. It’s just a nice vibe and nice people. 

What does it mean to you as a woman to be working in the industry and seeing so many other women in high profile roles?

I’m all about equality and female empowerment so it’s nice to see so many women thriving at ITV.

Glenda Young
Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 


No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!