Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 11 October 2022

Bill Fellows goes back to his roots at Tees Valley film festival


Coronation Street’s Bill Fellows, who plays Stu, is making a return to his native Teesside for a public discussion at the Arc in Stockton about his acting career and how your background doesn’t have to affect your future.

The Northern Echo reports that Bill has seen success in his chosen career but he has never lost sight of his humble beginnings and his love for his hometown.

He said: “I am a very proud Boro lad and I never lose sight of that. People from back home always want to see you succeed, and they will rightly say so, but never forget us! I would never do that and that is why I am so keen to help others fulfil their dreams via this exciting project.

“Í have a clear view of how it was for myself and when I was approached to play a part in the inaugural Tees Valley International Film Festival later this month – I had no hesitation at all in agreeing to be part of it.”

Bill Fellows will take to the stage alongside fellow Teessider Mark Benton and Tim Healy as they discuss their high-profile careers with BBC Radio Tees presenter Paul ‘Goffy’ Gough on Saturday October 29.

The much-anticipated three-day festival will run from October 27 to 29.

Bill continued: “I, like so many, have had to leave our lovely area to take up work offers through the years but whenever I get the opportunity then I love to get back home to Teesside. When Michael contacted me earlier this year, I didn’t hesitate and told him told him straight away to put me down to be a part of it all. This really is a wonderful opportunity for people to be involved in what we do. It will hopefully encourage others to drive forward with their dreams.

Find out more about the film festival here.

Glenda Young
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 






All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!