On Friday I reported on the success of the Eccles Cakes from a new cookery book
from Sean Wilson, who played Martin Platt on Coronation Street, to
accompany his forthcoming TV series on Channel 5.
Today I had a go at his Lemony Coriandery Chicken from the same book and can report that it is indeed both lemony and coriandery. Again, the recipe was very simple and straightforward and the result was a very tasty Sunday dinner in our house, served with pilau rice and naan bread. The recipe calls for a whole chicken to be jointed and cooked but as there are only 2 of us, I just used 2 chicken breasts instead. I was a little concerned about the large amount of fresh coriander in the recipe but it was fine. The resultant meal was fresh, spicey and zingy without being too hot. The only change I'll be making to it next time I make it, and there will be a next time, is that I'll probably add a little more chilli.
Unfortunately I can't show you a picture of it as I forgot to take one and by the time I'd remembered, the whole lot had been polished off. Stay tuned for further recipes from this cracking new cookbook.
Don't forget, if you want to win a copy of Sean's book, we've got a competition running at the moment.
Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook
Sunday, 18 November 2012
Cooking With Sean #2 - Lemony Coriandery Chicken
Labels:
great northern cookbook,
martin platt,
sean wilson
You might also like...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October 2026 W...
-
Friday 25th September 2026 DEBBIE’S IN A DAZE AS EVA’S LIFE HANGS IN THE BALANCE As Nick and Toyah search for Sam, a disorientated Debbie a...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 5 October to Friday 9 October 2026 Sall...
-
Wednesday 30th September 2026 THE NET CLOSES IN AROUND THE GUILTY The police take Carl in for questioning over the attack on Eva. Carl prote...
-
Thursday 1st October 2026 SOMEONE CONFESSES As someone overhears Ben telling Kevin that so far the police have no idea who attacked Eva, the...
-
This is all Nick's fault. If he'd just given Sam his phone back, none of it would've happened. In fact, why was poor old Sam...
-
Coronation Street reveals a dramatic showdown sparked by a dangerous love triangle. The teaser exposes the tensions at the Platts as a calcu...
-
Welcome. We open at Chariot Square Happy Hour where Izzy, Sean, Michael and Carla are enjoying a few drinks. Glenda comes in looking for D...
-
Thursday 24th September 2026 EVA FINDS HERSELF IN A BARREL OF TROUBLE Full of a cold, Eva sees Susie and Ben off for the audition in London....
-
This episode of the podcast covers the week of the 21st to the 25th September (Episodes #11,946 - #11,950). What a refreshingly watchable we...
