Kevin Kennedy, who is preparing to bring back Curly Watts to Coronation Street in the big musical world premiere celebrating the show, Street of Dreams says he hopes it may pave the way to a full-time Corrie return in the future.
Kevin told the Manchester Evening News: “It's no secret that I would love to come back to the Street, and it will probably happen at some point. I'm lucky that fans seem to really like the character. But I'm just happy for now to be involved in this world premiere and bringing Curly back to Manchester.”
While many of us love Kevin as Curly, in recent years he has carved out a hugely successful musical career on London's West End stage, currently starring in Queen musical We Will Rock You.
He says: “It's all come full circle really for me. I never thought I'd find myself as a musical theatre boy, it was never really my bag. I never thought I'd be in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Chicago and now We Will Rock You, it just never crossed my mind in the past as I was always more of a comedy actor. But I have to say I thoroughly enjoy the musicals.”
We Will Rock You have released Kevin especially to take part in the premiere of Street of Dreams, and he says audiences are in for a treat. “It's big, it's spectacular, that's why it's got to be in an Arena setting. It's just a beautiful piece of work and very complimentary to what Coronation Street is all about. They couldn't have had the world premiere anywhere else but Manchester, could they? And I think a Manchester audience takes things really to their hearts.”
And while in real-life Kevin has had corrective laser eye surgery, he's happy to once again don Curly's trademark specs for the role.
Join the Bring Back Curly to Coronation Street facebook group.
Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook
Wednesday, 4 January 2012
Curly's return to Coronation Street "will probably happen"
Labels:
curly watts,
kevin kennedy,
newsnow,
street of dreams
You might also like...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October 2026 W...
-
Wednesday 23rd September 2026 CHRISTINA GETS A DISTURBING BLAST FROM THE PAST In the undertakers, Christina observes George as he talks Tim ...
-
Coronation Street reveals a dramatic showdown sparked by a dangerous love triangle. The teaser exposes the tensions at the Platts as a calcu...
-
Friday 25th September 2026 DEBBIE’S IN A DAZE AS EVA’S LIFE HANGS IN THE BALANCE As Nick and Toyah search for Sam, a disorientated Debbie a...
-
Thursday 24th September 2026 EVA FINDS HERSELF IN A BARREL OF TROUBLE Full of a cold, Eva sees Susie and Ben off for the audition in London....
-
Monday 28th September 2026 WILL DEBBIE THROW CARL TO THE WOLVES? As Ben sits at Eva’s hospital bedside, after she was attacked and left for ...
-
This is all Nick's fault. If he'd just given Sam his phone back, none of it would've happened. In fact, why was poor old Sam...
-
Welcome. We open at Chariot Square Happy Hour where Izzy, Sean, Michael and Carla are enjoying a few drinks. Glenda comes in looking for D...
-
This episode of the podcast covers the week of the 21st to the 25th September (Episodes #11,946 - #11,950). What a refreshingly watchable we...
-
Tuesday 22nd September 2026 TIM AND SALLY WONDER IF THEY’VE TAKEN ON TOO MUCH Sally looks at Lucy’s art project and is concerned to see a pi...
