Now then, if I had a penny for every time I've been emailed and asked where Liz McDonald got her black necklace from, well, I'd have a lot of pennies. A load of pennies. I'd be a penny millionaire. Indulge me while I waffle because I'm going somewhere with this. Oh yes, I really am.
What I'm wondering is now that Liz McDonald is leaving Coronation Street, what'll happen to the Street's most coveted icon that is Liz's black spiky necklace? Will Liz wear it to waltz out of Weatherfield only for the jewellry to languish in a dusty props box at the back of a cupboard alongside Barney the stuffed rabbit.
So what I'm thinking is, wouldn't it be a great idea for Corrie to auction it off for charity? Knowing the interest that the necklace inspires in Liz's legions of fans, it could raise a pretty penny. A load of pennies, even.
And if you want to know where the necklace did come from, we have the answer here, direct from a man who knows, at ITV.
Tuesday, 23 November 2010
You might also like...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October 2026 W...
-
Wednesday 23rd September 2026 CHRISTINA GETS A DISTURBING BLAST FROM THE PAST In the undertakers, Christina observes George as he talks Tim ...
-
Coronation Street reveals a dramatic showdown sparked by a dangerous love triangle. The teaser exposes the tensions at the Platts as a calcu...
-
Friday 25th September 2026 DEBBIE’S IN A DAZE AS EVA’S LIFE HANGS IN THE BALANCE As Nick and Toyah search for Sam, a disorientated Debbie a...
-
Thursday 24th September 2026 EVA FINDS HERSELF IN A BARREL OF TROUBLE Full of a cold, Eva sees Susie and Ben off for the audition in London....
-
Monday 28th September 2026 WILL DEBBIE THROW CARL TO THE WOLVES? As Ben sits at Eva’s hospital bedside, after she was attacked and left for ...
-
This is all Nick's fault. If he'd just given Sam his phone back, none of it would've happened. In fact, why was poor old Sam...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 5 October to Friday 9 October 2026 Sall...
-
Welcome. We open at Chariot Square Happy Hour where Izzy, Sean, Michael and Carla are enjoying a few drinks. Glenda comes in looking for D...
-
This episode of the podcast covers the week of the 21st to the 25th September (Episodes #11,946 - #11,950). What a refreshingly watchable we...
