As my family and friends know, I love my Corrie. I therefore often find myself receiving Coronation Street themed Christmas gifts. This is mostly welcome (DVD of A Knight's Tale excluded), however it can get a little predictable. I have one friend who spends the pre-Christmas build up scouring the internet for weird, wonderful and down right strange Corrie trinkets and collectables to brighten up my Christmas morning.
Feeling the urge to spend some money on things I don't need I picked up a couple of great Corrie themed gifts for myself this morning - a copy of Jean Alexander's (Hilda Ogden) autobiography, entitled The Other Side of the Street, as well as H.V Kershaw's book The Street Where I Live. I can't wait to get stuck into both these books - who knows, some future blog posts may follow!
So as we approach the festive season I would love to hear from some Corrie fans on what memorable (good, bad and plain old tacky) Corrie gifts you have received in the past.
Also, what Coronation Street related paraphernalia would you love to find in your Christmas stockings this year? Who knows, your loved ones may be reading...
Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook
Wednesday, 12 December 2012
You might also like...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October 2026 W...
-
Friday 25th September 2026 DEBBIE’S IN A DAZE AS EVA’S LIFE HANGS IN THE BALANCE As Nick and Toyah search for Sam, a disorientated Debbie a...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 5 October to Friday 9 October 2026 Sall...
-
Wednesday 30th September 2026 THE NET CLOSES IN AROUND THE GUILTY The police take Carl in for questioning over the attack on Eva. Carl prote...
-
Thursday 1st October 2026 SOMEONE CONFESSES As someone overhears Ben telling Kevin that so far the police have no idea who attacked Eva, the...
-
This is all Nick's fault. If he'd just given Sam his phone back, none of it would've happened. In fact, why was poor old Sam...
-
Coronation Street reveals a dramatic showdown sparked by a dangerous love triangle. The teaser exposes the tensions at the Platts as a calcu...
-
Welcome. We open at Chariot Square Happy Hour where Izzy, Sean, Michael and Carla are enjoying a few drinks. Glenda comes in looking for D...
-
Thursday 24th September 2026 EVA FINDS HERSELF IN A BARREL OF TROUBLE Full of a cold, Eva sees Susie and Ben off for the audition in London....
-
This episode of the podcast covers the week of the 21st to the 25th September (Episodes #11,946 - #11,950). What a refreshingly watchable we...

