Thursday, 26 July 2012
Coronation Street extra in Olympic women's boxing team
Nicola Adams used to be an extra on Coronation Street. And now she's hoping to get a Olympic gold medal in women's boxing for Team GB.
Nicola already has three world silver medals and the European title - and she worked on Corrie as an extra to fund her way to her Olympic dream
She said working on Corrie was her most enjoyable part-time work.
"I went for a part in 'My Parents Are Aliens'. I didn't get it, but they asked me if I was interested in being an extra and that was it, I was away."
"I sat in the Rovers Return and visited the post office, it was really exciting. The extra work I really enjoyed and seeing all the actors and stuff, I'd like to pursue that after my career."
Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook
You might also like...
-
Monday 5th October 2026 JODIE TEARS APART HER DAD’S SANITY David reveals that Doug has swiped both the toaster and the biscuit tin, Jodie p...
-
Friday 2nd October 2026 CHRISTINA SEES THE DAUGHTER SHE NEVER HAD Sally and Lucy call at the undertakers to order Rachel’s plaque. Sally pr...
-
Thursday 1st October 2026 SOMEONE CONFESSES As someone overhears Ben telling Kevin that so far the police have no idea who attacked Eva, the...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Sunday 11 October to Friday 16 October 2026 Le...
-
Coronation Street has released a dramatic first look of Sarah Barlow’s long awaited court case. Sarah, played by Tina O'Brien, was arres...
-
Good evening. Doug (Steve Evets, best known probably for his long term role in Brassic) provided a class performance this evening. We know...
-
The previews are in for next week's Coronation Street and it looks as if it's going to be a good mix of high drama and some comedy D...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 5 October to Friday 9 October 2026 Sall...
-
This is all Nick's fault. If he'd just given Sam his phone back, none of it would've happened. In fact, why was poor old Sam...
-
Wednesday 30th September 2026 THE NET CLOSES IN AROUND THE GUILTY The police take Carl in for questioning over the attack on Eva. Carl prote...
