Natalie Gumede, the actress who plays Kirsty Soames on Coronation Street, regularly updates her own blog which is well worth a read.
Her latest post, called The Dark Side of Kirsty, is all about the upcoming domestic abuse storyline where Kirsty will beat up Tyrone.
Interestingly, Natalie says that the abuse storyline has been on the Corrie scriptwriter's cards for Kirsty right from the very start since Natalie joined the Street in July last year.
On her blog, Kirsty says: "I feel honoured to have been trusted with such a sensitive subject. I was never sure at what point it would come up however, or how it would come about – indeed I am only just discovering myself why Kirsty is such a damaged individual, and as of today I have no idea how the plot culminates!
"Alan (Halsall, who plays Tyrone) and I have been lucky enough to be privy to some case studies on the subject, and there is also a lot of trust between us as actors (apart from when he is playing practical jokes on me!) so I hope we are able to bring some truth to the story and do it justice. Reflecting real life is one of the many things Coronation Street does so well, particularly with difficult subject matters that often happen behind closed doors, and I think it is so important that these stories are brought to light."
It's going to be uncomfortable to watch, that's for sure. Poor Tyrone.
Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook
Wednesday, 14 March 2012
You might also like...
-
I have no idea if I am coming or going given recent scheduling changes. Speaking personally I think ITV made a fundamental error. The soap...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 24 August to Friday 28 August 2026 Tim ...
-
Wednesday 19th August 2026 IDRIS HAS AN ACE UP HIS SLEEVE Idris tells Ollie that he’d like him to take part in the poker game, he’ll provid...
-
Monday 17th August 2026 SARAH’S BLACKMAILED BEHIND BARS Todd returns from Thailand to receive a visiting order from Sarah. Todd visits Sarah...
-
Thursday 20th August 2026 LEANNE AND IDRIS GO INTO BUSINESS Leanne finds Idris waiting for her outside Speed Daal and makes it clear that he...
-
Todd is back from his postponed trip to Thailand and as well as Mary walking in on him in the shower, he has another stressful thing to ...
-
I'm busy blogging Anniversary Week, I've just finished Day 4's observations after another emotional ride. One death for sure, on...
-
Tuesday 18th August 2026 KIT TELLS SARAH THAT SHE’S ON HER OWN On the street, Todd tells Kit that Sarah would like to see him, she wouldn’t ...
-
Friday 21st August 2026 TODD HUMILIATES GLENDA Glenda, Mary, and Christina chide Todd for his heavy drinking since returning from Thailand. ...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 17 August to Friday 21 August 2026 Sara...
