Monday, 7 September 2026

Coronation Street Episode Review Monday 7th September

KIT - CORONATION STREET - ITV

Welcome to Monday's Kitisode. We see D.C. Green on the sofa, in his flat, in the hospital, in the Kabin, back in the hospital, in the pub for Debbie's birthday (glad to see the karaoke machine back out).
 
We're only 7 mins in before we find out that Kit has stage 3 breast cancer. I thought this story was going to be about elective mastectomy (a la Angelina) but this is a different Issue. It's unclear what happened before this ep, but you have to blood tests, CT scans and biopsies before you'd be diagnosed with cancer, the doctor and (presumably a Macmillan) nurse wouldn't just drop it on you like that.
 
Realism aside, the story seems less about the nitty gritty of cancer and more about Kit not facing up his new storyline. He's accepted the diagnosis but not the reality of it. He pushes away his family and his colleagues and I would say friends but I'm not sure he has any? He tells Todd that he's not his bestie and he has nothing to talk about, but seems to change his mind when Debbie eulogises Ronnie and her friends and family (unfortunately Rafael is not present) and he confesses to Todd about the cancer but swears him to secrecy as Bernie has enough to deal with. I quite like these two as pals, no?
 
And then....we find out that Kit is quite the Humbert Humbert and he slept with Bethany. I did wonder about these two, given that Kit is six years younger than Ms Platt Snr, and as we all remember, Sarah had  Bethany aged 13. Not as creepy as Frankie and Jamie Baldwin, but still quite the ick.
 
Rachel Stevenson - on bluesky