Monday, 31 August 2026

Coronation Street Episode Review Monday 31st August

Coronation Street - Gemma Kit - ITV 
 
Bernie is convinced that she doesn't have the BRCA gene as she's turned up for her mammograms and they've been negative. And possibly because she's been putting crystals in her bra. I did love the very brief tenure of Celeste - and her wigs - and it's a shame that the character couldn't have gone on for longer (although I'm assuming Ms F Barber is in demand). The main fallout from her death is the Winter clan are now worried about their genetic tendancy to breast cancer - I'm guessing elective mastectomies is going to the new Issue?
  
Todd is spiralling and it's clear to see, after months of turmoil 
 
Todd is missing and unfortunately is not "nestling in the arms of a builder called Jed with a tattoo of Wincey Willis on his left leg", he's in the hotel, trying to chat up Ronnie's business contact whilst Rafael looks on snootily. Todd looks shocked when he finds out Celeste has died - I mean, it was expected wasn't it? Unless she hadn't paid for her funeral yet (I do hope Dame Dolly Parton had a Frances Barber-themed funeral). Later, Todd castigates himself for not being there for her and goes off for another drinking bout, despite kind words from Georgie.
 
Driscoll-Price family - Coronation Street - ITV 
 
So, last week we had influencers and socials taking over the pub and this week, the Driscolls read online reviews, one calling Maggie "a clumsy Dickensian pie-seller". Eva then decides she's going to be the Queen of Insta, waving her phone in everyone's face.
  
And finally, Debbie wears slippers to work. They look a lot more comfortable than the leopard print heels, to be honest. You do you, Debs, you do you.