Monday, 17 August 2026

Coronation Street Episode Review Monday 17th August

Coronation Street - Sarah Kacey - ITV 
 
Todd is back from his postponed trip to Thailand and as well as Mary walking in on him in the shower, he has another stressful thing to do - visit Sarah in the big house. She has her own troubles as Kacey wants her to get Kit to drop charges against her son, accused of armed robbery. I think we knew that her friendship came with caveats, no? Maybe Andy Burnham will let them out early. Todd later takes umbrage at Christina telling him to slow down on the booze, and he tells Georgie that Chrissie's shopaholism isn't over and Christina is dumped from the trip to see George's southern cousins.
 
Harry doesn't want to go to Little Big Shotz, which I can empathise with. I very much hated being sent off to summer school as a child when I could've been at home watching Neighbours. He refuses to do what Kit wants but is talked into a morning of jazz hands by Adam - who later accuses Kit of shirking his duties. I mean, what is Harry to Kit anyway? His ex's kid? Bethany and the extended Platts have more responsibility surely.
 
Coronation Street - Lily Lucy - ITV 
  
Talking of annoying children, Lucy and Lily go on a playdate and bond over dead mums, although later we see Lucy tear Lily's apology letter (surely she would've sent her a voice note or a TikTok video, not written a note? It's not 1986) into tiny, angry pieces. Are we supposed to think that it was actually Lucy who killed her mum and Ritchie has taken the blame? I complained a few weeks ago that some storylines (Jodie, the fallout from Theo) have been going on too long but some other storylines have had no lead in: Ritchie turns up for 2 eps, gets up Steve's nose, then suddenly he's in prison (off-screen - the prison set is being used for Bea Smith et al) whilst a new troubled teen moves into the healing sanctuary of number 4. Feels like Ritchie should've been around (new driver at Streetcars?) for a while before this latest murder.