Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 18 May 2017

Dolly-Rose Interview: "I Based Gemma On People I Knew"


There's an excellent interview in this week's Inside Soap magazine with Dolly-Rose Campbell, who plays Gemma Winter in Coronation Street.

Dolly-Rose says that a lot of fans weren't sure about Gemma (real name Gemini) Winter when she first joined Corrie. "But now she makes them laugh," she says.

Gemma was initially only brought in for six episodes, says Dolly-Rose. "The writers gave me the lines but it was left up to me to decide how I wanted Gemma to look and how to play her. I based her on a few people I knew - but they don't know that!"  It was also Dolly-Rose's idea to squeeze Gemma into the smallest-sized clothes so that she looked plump on screen.

She reveals that she's learned a lot from Barbara Knox, who plays Rita, and that Malcolm Hebden, who plays Norris, is the person who makes her laugh most on set.

It's an excellent interview, too long to summarise properly here, so do please go out and buy the magazine as it's an excellent read.

Read more Corrie news and spoilers




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Derelict Cucumberpatch said...

No, sorry, I didn't like Gemma before and I still don't like her. Not keen on the OTT style of acting.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!