Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 20 April 2017

Charlie Condou on Coronation Street: "I loved that show"



Charlie Condou, who played midwife Marcus Dent on Coronation Street, was interviewed on ITV's Good Morning Britain this week. 

Charlie is currently on stage in London at The Crucible, playing witch-hunter Reverend Hale. The play goes on tour and you can see the tour dates and find out more here.



When asked on GMB, as most Coronation Street ex-actors are asked once they leave the show, if he'd like to return, this is what Charlie said:

"They were very nice when I said that I wanted to leave and they said 'the door will be open, we're not killing you off' so I would imagine the option's always there.

"I don't think it's right for me at the moment... but never say never. I loved that show."

Read more Corrie news at Coronation Street Blog





Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

3 comments:

Zagg said...

I miss Marcus. I loved his character. When they stupidly paired him with Maria, it was the kiss of death.I would like to see him come back to Sean and be a proper family with Dylan....that they conveniently have forgotten about.

Glenn Meads said...

We will be covering The Crucible here, and letting you all now how good Charlie is in the role.

Gayle said...

I have been enjoying watching Charlie in "Unforgotten" a police show that investigates cold cases. He is in a gay marriage and he and his husband are trying to adopt a lovely little girl. So nice to see him again. I loved him with Sean!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!