Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 13 August 2015

Corrie's Katy Armstrong joins Strictly Come Dancing

Georgia May Foote who played Katy Armstrong on Coronation Street, has today been confirmed for BBC Strictly Come Dancing.

Born in Manchester, Georgia lives in Bolton with her family. She’s in a relationship with Coronation Street actor, Sean Ward, who plays  Callum Logan in the soap.

Georgia said: “I’m scared of getting brain freeze and messing up the dances. But I’m determined not to let that happen because I hope to practise enough and be solid.”

Although she has admitted she hasn’t “done any preparation as such”, she said she has been swatting up by “watching lots of YouTube clips of all the types of dances.” And if practice and video research doesn’t help, Georgia’s hoping that her “acting skills will help” get her through.

As for her dancing history, Georgia says: “I used to dance a bit when I was younger but it was mostly hip hop. I wasn’t allowed to go back to ballet because I had ‘naughty toes’, so I went to karate instead.”

Her hip hop experience must have left her with a love of all things bling: “I LOVE sequins. I’m definitely a bit of a magpie.” But don’t even mention canned tan: “No to spray tans! They don’t suit me. I look better with a natural suntan, I prefer going ‘dirty brown’ from the sun instead of orange from a spray tan.”

Download our free App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook | Visit Corrie.net


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genuine question: Has she had any acting work since leaving Corrie?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!