Thanks to everyone who competed in the quiz last week. I have to say I was impressed with the answers.
Congratulations to both Nathan Lloyd and Christine Mary Fougere (Facebook) for getting a clean sweep and to Anonymous 21:22 for pointing out the fact that both Betty and Maggie had the maiden name of Preston. It was a trick question on my part.
And so to verify:
2. Preston - Betty Williams AND Maggie Cooke. This was Betty's surname until she married Cyril in the late 1940s and Maggie until she married Les Clegg in 1947.
5. Schofield - Ena Sharples. This was her surname until she married Alfred in 1920.
6. Littlewood - Rita Tanner. This was her surname when she first appeared in 1964. She returned as Rita Bates in 1972 but it turned out that she had taken the surname of her common law husband Harry. When she left him she reverted back to Littlewood until she married Len Fairclough in 1977.
7. Nelson - Ivy Brennan. This was her surname until she married Bert Tilsley in 1956.
8. Crabtree - Hilda Ogden. This was her surname until she married Stan in 1943.
9. Carlton - Minnie Caldwell. This was her surname until she married Armistead in 1925.
10. Lee - Janice Battersby. This was her surname until she married Les in 1994.
Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License