Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Gone for good, for now

This year we've seen the exit of Dennis and Tina, only for them to reappear soon after, its become a bit of a trend for characters to exit the show before their real exit.

This week, we saw, what we presumed to be the exit of Dennis again, except some recent filming pictures have shown him back on set, personally I hope this means Dennis doesn't leave after all, but he probably still does anyway.

With Tina, I kind of wish that her exit earlier this year was her true exit, as she's been quite the annoyance since she returned, with her constant pestering of Peter. Then again, the next few weeks might have made the last few months of the storyline worth it. 

Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

9 comments:

@NickJay6 (Manchester) said...

I couldn't agree more, on *BOTH* points. I'd love Dennis to stay and as far as Tina goes, her death can't come quickly enough for me, I'm sorry to say. Thankfully we're only talking characters here. :)

Muriel Ducks said...

Another character who is going - back - going, is Marcus, who I also wish was staying along with Dennis.

Chewy said...

I knew there was another character! Couldn't quite recall who it was, I also wish Marcus was staying!

Adam said...

I want Dennis to stay. :(

Anonymous said...

Me too!

Anonymous said...

I wish Dennis would stay and stop being a snivelling Rita-botherer Smelloid

Pete said...

When did we see Dennis's exit this week? Was it in Wednesday's episode?

I thought Rita just said there's nothing for him here, but Julie had just offered him a room at hers? I guess I looked away from the telly for a few minutes and missed his exit!

Frosty the Snowman said...

I think this rather ridiculous trend of characters who are being written out, leaving and then coming back for their "final exit" takes the momentum off the ending. Tina just staying in London would have made more sense and nobody would have missed her but she was quite unbelievably brought back - why - she has no friends or family in Weatherfield and just had her stalking Peter. As much as the character is annoying I dont really want to see the murder of a young girl. As for Dennis, he should have stayed gone with Glo after that exit in the red Jag, but he is just unbelievably pointless now, eye darting and being constantly chastised by Rita, its actually becoming embarrasing. Now I expect Marcus has returned for another "expolosive" exit - YAWN!

Anonymous said...

It is a very odd trend the "double good bye". It's weird and not at all realistic. Gone is gone.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!