Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 8 November 2013

Fairytale of New York - with Weatherfield lyrics

Now then, I love Fairytale of New York.

I'm a big fan of The Pogues and a huge fan of the late, great, Kirsty MacColl. 

And as you know, I also love my Corrie, and so, without any further ado, here is my version of The Fairytale of Weatherfield.

 "It was Christmas Eve, babe
 In the Rovers
 And Norris said to me: won't see another one
 And then Rita sang a song
 The rare old red-haired bird
 I ordered half a stout and dreamed about you

 Steve bet on a lucky one
 Came in eighteen to one
 Fat Brenda’s got a feeling
 He’ll buy her biscuits
 So Happy Christmas
 We love you, Corrie
 Liz is back behind the bar
 And all our dreams came true

 The Red Rec is a mess, it’s got rivers of mud
 But the wind goes right through you, it´s no place for the old
 When you first took my hand on a cold Christmas Eve
 You promised Rosamund Street was waiting for me

 Peter’s handsome, Carla’s pretty
 Queen of Manchester city
 But when she finds out about Tina, Carla won’t be best pleased
 Her fists will be swinging, Peter’s neck she’ll be wringing
 She’ll be knocking back red wine
 And fewmin' all night

 And the boys from the Glad Tidings Mission choir were singing Galway Bay
 As Deirdre gives Tracy what for, on Christmas Day:

 You´re a bum, you´re a punk
 Lost a kidney on junk
 Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
 You’re a scumbag, you’re a maggot
 You’ve got a daughter, don’t forget
 Happy Christmas, your a*se,  I pray god it´s our last.

And the boys from the Glad Tidings Mission choir were singing Galway Bay
 As Deirdre and Ken lament their woes on Christmas Day:

 K: I could have been someone
 D: Well so could anyone
 K: You took my dreams from me, when I first found you
 D: I kept them with me, Ken
      I put them with my own
      Can´t make it out alone
      I´ve stuffed a marrow for you.

 And the boys from the Glad Tidings Mission choir were singing Galway Bay
 And the Rovers bell was calling time on Christmas Day. "

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 

Vote for us in the UK Blog Awards #UKBA18

We're a finalist!

Please vote for the Coronation Street Blog
in the UK Blog Awards 2018
 







Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! One of the best Christmas songs in my opinion.

Love this version though! I can actually imagine Ken and Deirdre singing their part - and definitely Peter and Carla! LOL

NZ Coro Junkie said...

Genius!

Anonymous said...

That is brilliant!

Stevie said...

Brilliant...Just need to record this now!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!