Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Which Coronation Street role did David Jason turn down?

There's an excellent interview by Nermin Oomer on Yahoo News with actor David Jason. 

You can read it here.

In the interview David reveals he was once offered a role in Coronation Street but dithered so much about the part that they offered the role to someone else.

He says: "I hesitated and hesitated. In the end they couldn’t wait and said 'we’ve cast someone else'. So they let me off the hook and I didn’t have to make the decision."

Now then, I wonder which role he was offered? Any guesses who it might have been?

You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Norris?

Tvor said...

Ted Page? Archie Shuttleworth?

Rosie L said...

I thought Norris too. What shame he didn't go for it. Will there be another chance?

Stevie said...

Baldwin?

lizzieizzaed said...

I thought he could have been Norris and what magic would have been on the screens or I think the cameo visit of Gail's father....

Frosty the Snowman said...

Fred Elliot - just a guess. He may have turned his thespian nose up at it then but I can bet that now he would be gagging for a part as its become very fashionable for well knowns to bag a part in the Country's best known and favourite soap.

Scott Willison said...

If it was back when he was only semi-famous - Eddie Yates? He was a very well-known comic actor and that would have fit the bill, just before Only Fools and Horses really made him a household name.

Humpty Dumpty said...

I think it must have been at the beginning of his career so agree it could have been Eddie Yates or even Fred Gee.

Wim said...

Maybe they considered him for the role of Jack Duckworth or Stan Ogden... I can quite see him in both roles.

Glenda Young said...

I've found out from the journalist that the role was within the last year or so, which makes me wonder if it was Eric Babbage - Gloria's bloke who died - ?

Ping pong Poo said...

Or Milton or Wilson the whistling American beau of Roy's mum, Sylvia, poorly played by another great Robert Vaughan.

Tvor said...

Flaming NOra, that would be a pretty good guess, I'd say

Anonymous said...

My question is "What was it about the part or the program that made him so hesitant?"

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!