Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Corrie A-Z: X is for Xtra special

 
Due to a lack of words beginning with ‘x’ that are linked to Corrie, forgive me for using the word ‘xtra’, minus the ‘e’. Sorry to those who are particular about their spelling!

As we know, Coronation Street is extra special. If it wasn’t, we wouldn’t be watching it, and certainly we wouldn’t be writing countless posts about it!

What makes Corrie extra special for me compared to other TV shows is: its history, its sense of familiarity (the show’s been blessed with long running characters over the years), its mix of drama and humour and of course its great characters (that are seen in the collage above). 

What makes Corrie special for you?
 
You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's one of the few times the entire family gets together. Nobody at our house wants to miss Corrie. I'm only sorry we are getting so close to the end of the alphabet. Thanks so much for putting this together.

Anonymous said...

It's the X Y chromosome factor.

Unknown said...

I am the greatest armchair writer, director, casting agent and critic, and often, think of ways I could do it all better... but truth is,I can't stop watching it.
It turns into my half hour of sitting down, with a glass of wine while dinner is cooking.
When it's good, it's very good, and when it's bad, it doesn't matter.
Also, true story, my 10 year old border collie demands his dinner as soon as the corrie theme music starts, like clockwork and Pavlov, and has done so for most of his dear life~ so, I guess we're both conditioned. Not much makes me miss an episode and I've been watching it for about 20 years.
I think it's an eXcellent soap.. (despite the improvements that I continually seem to come up with).

Anonymous said...

The same things you mention, Llifon, make it special for me. But another really big special thing is the community of viewers I've come across who also find it special. Such as this blog and it's articles, and friends I've met just because of watching Coronation Street! Most of whom I've never met face-to-face! Yes, it's been a fun and enjoyable A-Z, thanks!

Anonymous said...

What, no one on the show has ever played the Xylophone or had an X-ray? ;)

Janice said...

I had thought perhaps you would use the x for xmas. Just as w was for weddings, there have been memorable Christmases. I know some people don't like the use of xmas over Christmas but it is common usage.

Llifon said...

Ah yes. Didn't think bout that!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!