Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 1 August 2013

Blast from the past: Corrie creator Tony Warren, This is Your Life

Having never seen this before, it came as something of a wonderful surprise to find it on YouTube today. It's Coronation Street creator Tony Warren featured on This is Your Life.

Watch it and smile.  I love the bit where Julie Goodyear turns up and Tony says to her: "Ooh, are we talking now?"



You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believed they didn't even interview the original characters that were there!

Anonymous said...

This has been available online for a while. When I saw it a couple of years ago I remember thinking "I guess times have changed for the better in some respects. At least now they'd acknowledge Tony's partner as more than his 'friend'." It's been 18 years since that show aired and a new generation is still working on gay rights!

Barrie.T said...

I came across this about a month ago and had never seen it before. I loved it, but i was appalled at how they treated tony's partner. They totally ignored him and only referred to him once as a "friend". Very funny seeing julie goodyear come in and tell everyone what a wonderful friend he was and he whispers to her "so we're talking now are we?" I thought it was sad too that so many original characters sat in the back row who were all ignored. What a waste.

Nick (Manchester) said...

I'd not seen this before and at 1.30am I watched avidly. Great tribute to a great man, who I've wanted to meet and shake hands with since I was knee high to a grasshopper, not that I suppose I ever will. I, too, was surprised when they introduced his partner as "his friend". Never got the connection until I read the other responses but I suppose those were the signs of the times. Wonder what year this was, can anyone tell me please? Everyone looks so young yet Jean Alexander had been away from the show for 13 years and Julie Goodyear had just left so I suppose some of you will work it out from that. :)

Cheers and thank you for posting about it.

Nick

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!