Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Craig Charles: "I could be first black Doctor Who"

Craig Charles, who plays Coronation Street's Lloyd Mullaney, has told how he'd be thrilled to become the first black Doctor Who as the search for a new Time Lord continues.

As well as his acting role on Corrie, Craig is also a Funk and Soul DJ - and he said he'd be delighted to become the next Doctor after BBC bosses and show insiders said they're seriously considering casting a black actor.

Craig told Purple Revolver: "Yeah, having a black Doctor Who would be double cool. To be asked by the Beeb would be great, its such a classic show. But I think there would probably be too much cross-over with Red Dwarf, as we've got a new series lined up next year.

Also, I would have to grit my teeth a bit, because the thing about Dr Who that always annoyed me was the graphics are crap. But, even if I can't be the first black Doctor, I am the first black man to own a house on Corrie, which is as good a claim to fame."

You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

5 comments:

Stevie said...

Great idea! Craig is great but I hate the skin colour, or sex debate. Really bugs me.

Anonymous said...

I think he'd be a brilliant Doctor, but I sincerely doubt tptb will keep giving him time off for other projects - especially for the BBC!

Anonymous said...

Having a wonderful actor like Craig Charles do Dr. Who may get me watching this awful and cheesey show on a regular basis...

ChiaGwen said...

Would be wonderful for him but not for us. He adds so much to the show, especially scenes with Steve and Eileen.

Clare said...

Craig Charles would be amazing as The Doctor! But, yeah, I guess he'd have to take time off Corrie. But then maybe Lloyd could return with a few more family members...

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!