Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 16 June 2013

Coronation Street fan of the week - Meghan in Canada

It's time to meet another Corrie fan of the week. 
Would you like to be our Corrie fan of the week? 
Click here to find out more. 
 
Our Corrie fan of the week Meghan met Corrie actors David Neilson (Roy Cropper) and Julie Hesmondhalgh (Hayley Cropper) in Canada recently.  Hayley's not too happy that Roy's taken a shine to Meghan!


Who are you and where are you from?
My name is Meghan Rennick from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. 

How long have you been watching Corrie?

My sister, a former Fan-of-the-Week herself, and I have been die-hard Corrie fans since we were girls. The first storyline I can intensely recall was that of Sarah-Lou's teen pregnancy shocker. I was about her age at the time, so was that ever a gripping storyline! I was hooked in an instant and literally haven't missed an episode since!

 
Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
Roy Cropper is, without a doubt, my favourite Coronation Street character of all time. His essentially British, conservative to the core, totally awkward, absolutely loveable deameanor brings an element of hilarity to the show which cannot be matched and could never be replaced. We recently had the opportunity to meet Julie Hesmondhalgh and David Nielson, aka Roy and Haley Cropper, on their promotional tour of Western Canada and I have to say they are just as charming in real life as their characters are on tv. My sister mentioned that I was Roy's "biggest fan" and he gave me a big hug. I have to admit, I blushed a little. I have to stop going on about it as my husband it getting a bit jealous.

Julie, being such a great sport, set up the top attached photo-op. It is, of course, Hayley Cropper's heart broken reaction as I swoon off with her beloved husband Royston. A girl can only dream :)
It's difficult not to select Hayley as my favourite female character, but by the narrowest of margins, I feel I have to go with Roy's mum, Sylvia. . Her unforgivingly witty, no nonsense approach makes her the perfect compliment to Roy. It explains so much! Those two characters on screen are television genius at its finest. They really do have an undeniable chemistry.
 
What's been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?

I would have to say that my all time favourite storyline Sarah Lou's pregnancy shocker. 

 
And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?

If I could write my own Corrie storyline, I would have a handsome ( although totally odd and eccentric) man come to the street, fall madly in love with her (for real) and sweep Mary off her feet. His presence would send Norris into a tizzy of jealousy and he would finally be forced to come to terms with his feelings, or risk losing her forever. I'm certain Norris is incapable of ever living happily ever after so, in the end, she would have to run away with this other man, leaving poor Norris broken hearted with only Rita and the Kabin to console him.

You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw Julie and David in Vancouver on Friday night, and can also attest to their warmth and humour. What a great evening! I went to this event with my 35 year old daughter who has been a fan of the Street since in utero!
Bev

Ida Grant said...

I have been watching Coronation Street for 30 years. We go to florida for the winter and my friend would mail me videos until one time they were smashed in the mail. My husband installed Bell Expressview so that we could take it to Florida. We have been doing that for the last 10 years until last winter, Bell cancelled all Canadian content in the U.S. We were devastated. We have another alternative which we hope will work. Ida from Ontario Canada

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!