Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Has Gary Windass turned a bit creepy?

I love Gary Windass, I really do and always have done.  He's complex, he's different, he's seen his best mate die while in the army and he's been given a mini series all of his own, Gary's army diaries.

When he took Izzy hostage in her flat, I was in tears for the both of them. And when he and Izzy decided to have a baby together, I voted them the happiest couple on Coronation Street.  So, in short I think Gary Windass is great.

That's why I'm hoping this crush on Tina, and treating the lovely Izzy with contempt, will soon pass.  Next week on Coronation Street Gary tries to kiss Tina on the sofa. By the look of this preview picture, it doesn't look like Tina wants to kiss him back, but what if that changes in the coming weeks and what if, oh dearie me, what if, Tina and Gary get together and he wants her to be the mum of his child?  Is that what Corrie producer was hinting at when he said there'd be heartbreak for them all in the surrogacy storyline?

Bring back the Gary we know and love, the complex army lad/mum's lad, not this creepy, cringy, clingy Gary, please.

You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

10 comments:

Frosty the Snowman said...

Just underlines even more the folly and total stupidity of the surrogacy idea. I dont mind R'Garrah but he is a bit intense and yes he is looking barmier and barmier lately. Never really bought his relationship with Izzy either who I wouldnt describe as lovely just a scruffy old moaner.

njblas said...

Oh yes! Mikey North as Gary is easily my favourite of the younger Corrie stars. His work in the aftermath of the army storyline was incredibly intense and moving. Let's have more along those lines please!

Plutonian said...

Meh - if he was given better storylines, I might find him more interesting but as it is, he's pretty dull since he hooked up with Hot Wheels Hoolihan

John McE said...

Has he TURNED creepy? He's always been creepy as far as I am concerned. And his ludicrously over-attentive behaviour as far as Tina having his and Izzy's baby has turned him into a downright mega-creep in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

IMO it's another character that's done a 180. He was a real piece of work when he first showed up...so mad at the world and giving his folks a hard time. He did a stint in the army, had a nervous breakdown and turned into something very odd indeed. Preaching to Katy about Ryan all the while obsessing on Tina?

Gina said...

he's always wanted Tina, since like day one when he arrived on the street. he was always trying to lure her away from David and then he was trying to get with her when they broke up! this doesn't surprise me at all.

Anonymous said...

I call him the "angry inch". Have you ever seen him in those too-tight jeans?

Anonymous said...

So- can someone correct me if I'm wrong on this...didn't he an Kylie sleep together in Mary's caravan? Why is this never mentioned? I would think that getting the ultimate on David via Kylie would be a power card for Gary at some point. He needs to go back to being the hood he was...far more interesting.

Gina said...

So true about kylie!

njblas said...

Yes...I've been wondering if the Kylie interlude would resurface at some stage..

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!