Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 24 February 2013

Would you watch Coronation Street in 3D?

The Express today has a story that says Coronation Street is preparing to shoot in 3D.  Which means, of course, we'll need to wear those daft, special glasses to see the effects.  

The story says that the "ground-breaking move" for Corrie will be made possible with the move to the new set at MediaCity in Salford Quays.

Corrie already shoots in HD, but insiders say the new set will need to be “fit for purpose” and “future-proofed”. This includes the option of shooting special entire episodes in 3D. Pilot tests in 3D for both Emmerdale and Coronation Street were undertaken two years ago.

Apparantly, ITV plans to make announcements shortly about “minor changes” to the famous cobbled street.

So, what do you think about watching Corrie in 3D?

I'm no fan of 3D but then I'm an old fuddy-duddy and I don't relish Eva's cleavage popping out of my screen and into my living room, alhtough it will give new meaning to the phrase "you'll have someone's eye out with them".  

And if the 3D glasses were Deirdre Barlow-shaped then maybe it could even be fun.

You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

11 comments:

Frosty the Snowman said...

Dreary's crepy wrinkled clevage in low cut tops in 3D - no thanks its bad enough in HD!

Chewy said...

They're probably just making sure that they have the option to go 3D at some point in the future.

Digger said...

I was all about to agree with you, being no fan of 3D myself, and then I got to the bit about Eva's cleavage and suddenly the whole idea started to appeal.

Anonymous said...

Oboy...now we can really watch the spit fly when the Barlow's eat their breakfasts...ugh

Humpty Dumpty said...

New developments cost money. I'd rather they spent any spare cash on decent story editors and writers.

Tvor said...

But I want those Deirdre specs!!!

Janice said...

Why not Smello-O-Vision, then we can smell her stuffed marrows, and Tracy's delinquent laundry.

Rachel said...

Urgh. I hope that there's never a day when 3D television (or Internet) is the norm, because I won't be watching. I hope that producers realise that not all their fans (me included) can watch 3D and feel fine afterwards. Do I really want to watch for 2 1/2 hours a week and feel the way I have done after I've come out of a 3D or IMAX movie? I think that would be enough to lose me as a viewer.

Please, please, if Corrie has to be filmed in 3D, I hope that either a) it's not for every episode and/or b) they have alternatives in place for those of us who can't/don't want to watch. I may be in a minority, but still, you don't want to kick even thousands of fans away just because of the desire to give viewers an expanded vision of Weatherfield!

Joseph said...

It sounds interesting and intriguing to me personally. But I can't see my parents wearing those glasses!

Anonymous said...

I, too, am an old fuddy-duddy and don't care about 3D. I also have an ancient TV with only over-the-air signal which will mean squat for D3. I agree with Humpty above -- spend the cash on better writers and dramatists.

Anonymous said...

Apart from the cost of a 3D television set with their funny glasses there are a good number of people with eye conditions that prevent them from watching 3D television.
I seem to recall a news article from perhaps a year or so ago that stated that as many as 20 percent (I think it was) of people in the UK couldn't watch 3D television because of eye conditions.
Maybe the producers of Corrie should do some research before jumping willy-nilly on the 3D bandwagon which actually seems to be losing supporters.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!