Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Coronation Street fan of the week - Shirley in Canada

It's Wednesday and time to meet another Corrie fan of the week. 
Would you like to be our Corrie fan of the week?
Click here to find out more.


Who are you and where are you from?
Shirley Hooker, living in Little Britain, Ontario, Canada.  I am British and moved here in 2000.  UK people think it’s funny I live in Little Britain!  We get tourists here to see if it’s like the Little Britain on the TV series… they are always sadly disappointed!


Shirley pictured with her husband and Corrie actor William Roache (Ken Barlow)

How long have you been watching Corrie?
Since 1975 as a child.  It was a family ritual for as long as I can remember

Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
Male: Steve MacDonald – I used to loath him, but he’s developed a great sense of humour, and I just LOVE his facial expressions. Female: This is a tough one.  I would have to pick the lovely Vera Duckworth.  Always smiling, she was the epitome of Northern England.  She reminded me of my grandma.

What's been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years? 
The tram crash was definitely up there, and of course the wedding failure between Steve and Becky when she was drunk.  Gail’s marriage to the murderer presented some gripping episodes too.  It’s hard to pick a firm favourite.

And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?

That Kirsty gets her come-uppance, Norris gets married to Mary and the street fight a bid that the council is going to tarmac the street!

Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share?
YES!  My husband proposed to me at Granada Studios in 2000.  I had my picture taken with Ken Barlow – he’s much shorter than I imagined in real life… and the derelict storage that used to be under the viaduct I was shocked to see that was the smoke room for the cast to kick back and relax when not filming!  I wonder where they go now?  


Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!