Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Sisters of the Moon


I once read that Michelle Collins was a big fan of Fleetwood Mac; their music reminded her of her youth apparently. When I was trying to think of something positive to write about Ms Collins' Coronation Street character (St Ella of the Back Room), I'm afraid that was all I could come up with. It's no secret that, for me, the current inhabitants of the Rovers are far from being my favourite characters.





While thinking about this it also brought to mind that dreadful storyline when Michelle Connor was caught in the bath by that builder, dangling from her guttering. Romance blossomed to the soundtrack of Fleetwood Mac. Never mind "Dreams", it was more like the stuff of nightmares as far as I was concerned. 

On a semi-serious note, I do love the attention to detail with the music they play as a backdrop in the Rovers. Someone always manages to get it spot on. The most recent example of this was the sound of Real Gone Kid by Deacon Blue while everyone found out that Tracy-Luv wasn't carrying RYaaaan's baby after all. Brilliant stuff.

Could I put in a request to someone backstage at Granada? I would be very much obliged if they could arrange to play the Mac's classic, angry "Sisters of the Moon" on the Rovers jukebox every time St Ella, Eva or Gloria appear behind the bar. I am sure if Michelle Collins is a fan she'll enjoy it and it'll certainly take my mind off them being on my television screen.


Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

2 comments:

Sunny Jim said...

So I'm not the only one that listens out for the background music in t' Rovers. It sometimes takes a wee while for the penny to drop and I missed the Real Gone Kid connection completely.

Carry On Blogging! said...


I'm normally quite good at picking up on these things, but it really depends how involved I am with what's meant to be going on! If I'm bored, I listen to the music instead! :)

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!