Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Alison King talks about her four month Corrie break


Alison King, who plays Carla Connor in Coronation Street, has told What's On TV that she's ready for her four month break from Corrie to spend more time with her family this summer.
The actress has had a dramatic year playing factory boss Carla Connor, and her character is set to leave the country for a few months with boyfriend Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne).

"It's three years since I had a baby (daughter Daisy Mae) and I've been working for all of that time so I haven't been able to spend too much time with my family," Alison said.

"I plan to have a nice holiday and spend time at home getting jobs done on the house, all very normal stuff. But I love playing Carla and I'll be back at work on October 1."

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. She can take a much longer break from Corrie if she likes. The longer the better.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. I won't miss Carla one bit.

Anonymous said...

Bye Carla! Don't let the door hit yer ass on the way out!

~JB in Canada

Anonymous said...

I know I won't miss her, or Peter. Hope they stay away.

Unknown said...

Daisy Mae...seriously? Thought she was only in the funny papers along.with Little Abner. But with that said...I like a Carla...but she seems.tools.go.through men like.dirty socks. I miss the Baldwin's..the entire family was bonkers. Carla with Peter...seems her taste in and men has sorta down shifted..not a high rollar like Mr Gordon. I hope they spice her character up when she returns.

Anonymous said...

I think Carla is a beauty and some people of obviously jealous of her looks. She is a good actress and has made her mark on the street. I look forward to her return as well as Peter :)

Anonymous said...

Will miss Peter and Carla, won't watch much corri while there out. Hope you come back soooooon.

Corri is only worth watching for them, they make a good item.

Anonymous said...

It's been terribly dull without Carla. Can't wait for her return to the Street!
Wish they'd get rid of sour faced Leanne.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!