Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 4 August 2012

Did Newton and Ridley power Olympic golden girl Jessica Ennis?

Well done Jessica Ennis on winning gold at the Olympics. Time to take a look back at her visit to the Coronation Street set - it was clearly a pint of Newton and Ridley that did it for her!

British Olympic hopeful Jessica Ennis swapped the track for the cobbles when she visited the set of Coronation Street earlier this year.

The champion heptathlete was given a special behind-the-scenes tour of Coronation Street on a day off from her training for this summer's London Olympics. Ennis, one of Team GB’s brightest hopes for a medal at the 2012 games, revealed she is an avid Coronation Street fan and so relished the chance to explore the set and meet the cast.

Jessica said: "I'm a huge Coronation Street fan and it is wonderful to set foot on the world famous cobbles. If I’m out training, or away competing, I always record Corrie and watch back-to-back episodes when I get the chance. I'm currently two episodes behind but plan to catch-up soon. It is a brilliant show and if I was ever asked to pay a cameo role I would jump at the chance. I’d love it, even though I can’t act.'

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!