Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Coronation Street fan of the week - Vera from Canada

It's Wednesday and time to meet another Corrie fan of the week.

Would you like to be our Coronation Street
fan of the week? Click here to find out more.

Who are you and where are you from?
I’m Vera Wright living in Calgary, Alberta Canada. I was born in England and went to the US after WW11. My dad was killed in WW11 while serving in the Royal Navy.


How long have you been watching Corrie?
I watched the very first episode, complete with Martha Longhurst, and Ena Sharples in the snug. My mother fell in love with the soap and never missed an episode until she died in 1986. Corrie to me is now a history book of the social, economic changes in England throughout those 50 years.

Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
My favorite character over the years is Becky, she tries so hard but life keeps knocking her down, but she gets right back up. Male – Ken Barlow, still a good looker and an example of someone who had his dreams and never tried to get them. My least favorite – John Snape.

What's been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?
Oh there are so may. Perhaps those episodes with David, who at last seems to be growing up.

And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?
Anything involving Carla.
Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

Anna in nz said...

I enjoyed reading this. Becky was my favourite character too. The actress who played her is a bright star, looking forward to seeing what else she gets up to.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!