Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Coronation Street fan of the week - Jan from New Zealand

It's Wednesday and time to meet another Corrie fan of the week. Would you like to be our
Coronation Street fan of the week? Click here to find out more.

Who are you and where are you from?
My Name is Janice Fraser, I am from New Brighton, Christchurch New Zealand

How long have you been watching Corrie?
I used to watch it with my nana, in black and white. I would say maybe 40yrs. I have my DVD set to record each week, even when I'm away on holiday I know that I won't miss an episode. I enjoy reading the spoilers even though you are at least 18 months ahead of us. If anyone over here wants to know what's coming up they know to ask me. Don't get me started on Coronation Street as you can't shut me up! My husband said it's only a TV programme and it's not real BUT I know different.

Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
Where do I start there are so many? It would have to be Sally with Becky and Liz a close second, Michelle and Maria and what about Audrey and Rita-  how can I choose I love them all, even Hayley. Sally I admire as what she went through with both on screen and in her personal life, with the story line of breast cancer the way she played her character while only too well she was also going through it for real. I can't imagine how she coped with playing the part, Well done Sally and I hope all is well with you now. Again there are so many to choose from, Jason would have to be a favourite with Kevin and Tyron a close second, so far Jason hasn't strayed much and I would like to see him settle down and have some kids, take over the yard from Bill and live happy ever after if there is such a thing on Coronation Street. At present Tina has just dumped him for Graeme if you please.

What's been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?
Audrey and Lewis, can she not see what he is up to? (over here he has just moved in with Audrey so it yet to be unveiled as to his motives

And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?
I would like to see Ciaran and Michelle get together and run the Rovers. Would be good to see Curly come back with his I think little girl, live with Emily again? Maybe get together with Julie.

Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share?
We visited Manchester last year for the sole reason to catch a glance of some of the Actors. Went for a walk down to Granada and wondered why all these people were waiting outside the set, maybe someone was coming out, so I to waited and YES out drives Ken, then Peter, Leanne, Sylvia (who stood and chatted to me for a while as she had been to Christchurch, New Zealand and was interested in what was happened over here with the earthquake etc (that was great as she hasn't appeared over here yet.). Then onto Rosie - loved her new hair cut, Marcus walked out so had a chat with him, (he's not back over here yet). We decided to go for a walk to the White Lion around the corner and that's where we bumped into Izzy and her boyfriend which completed my day.

I felt a bit sorry for some of the actors as there were people taking advantage, with some wanting up to 10 or more autographs which isn't very fair if anything they should limited it to a couple per person. While there I met a lovely lady Karen from Manchester who now corresponds with me and has since got a few more autographs for me.

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

2 comments:

Llifon said...

Wow you're quite behind aren't you? You've only reached mid 2010. I thought you were only a few months behind in NZ like Canada.

Anonymous said...

We are about 16 months behind and we will NEVER catch up. We haven't got to the train smash yet on the 50th anniversary.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!