Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Jodie Prenger confirmed as Elsie Tanner for Corrie musical

It's confirmed that Jodie Prenger will play the role of Elsie Tanner in the Coronation Street musical, Street of Dreams.
Jodie shot to fame on the BBC’s I’d Do Anything talent show.

“I just love the character of Elsie to bits,” Jodie tells the Manchester Evening News. “The great thing about it, it’s half my heart and half my head taking this role, as my nan was always known as Elsie Tanner. she was the spitting image of Elsie. my nan’s brother used to deliver all Pat Phoenix’s groceries, so it’s almost like I was destined to play the role. Also my fella’s called Simon Booth and of course Pat was married to Tony Booth.”

Now Jodie, 32, is swotting up on old Corrie episodes to perfect the northern grit and wit of the great Elsie. She laughs: “I couldn’t be happier. I’m up to my eyeballs on youtube watching old videos. It’s brilliant. Elsie Tanner is that cracking, strong northern woman, and there’s loads of strong northern women I’m going to be channeling into this role. She had her ups and downs. Every man should be scared of her!”

Jodie will take the role of the later-years Elsie, along with as-yet-to-be announced guest stars to play the young Elsie in the show.

Could it be Kym Marsh, as rumoured?

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!