Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Coronation Street fan of the week - Heather from Canada

It's Wednesday and time for another Corrie fan of the week.  Would you like to be a Coronation Street fan of the week? Click here to find out more.

Who are you and where are you from? Heather Allan from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

How long have you been watching Corrie?
Since 1989 - believe the storyline at the time was the McDonald family arrival.

Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
My favourite male would be Steve MacDonald - I was a bit in love with him when I was a girl (I was 9 when he arrived) because I found him so handsome. Now, I just think he is so very much like my husband, right down to the widow's peak and his baffled expression that I get a kick out of watching what will befall him next.

Favourite female would be a toss up between two women who've left the show actually - Blanche Hunt and Becky McDonald. Blanche for being the most saucy, fun old bird ya ever did meet! I loved the lines she was given and Becky because though most disagree on this blog, I loved her relationship with Steve. I think their antics echo mine and my husbands so well. I'm a girl who came from the wrong side of the tracks myself and I cleaned up my act with the help of my hubby, I see a lot of that with them. And, I do believe there is always a little wild streak left over from my earlier days, and Becky shows that you can take the girl out of the trailer park, but.....I loved the Max storyline. It broke my heart. And as all seem to agree, isn't Katharine Kelly just an amazing actress?

What's been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?
Favourites...oooh....I think I'd have to say the Zoe, Ashley, cult storyline some years back now. That was what really made me feel like the show was working towards getting a younger audience. The Sarah Platt and Brittany/Bethany pregnancy storyline, the Steve McDonald and Vicky romance (and I hated the way he ended up treating her....but I was riveted!) and more recently, the Tracy/Charlie romance/murder (I love Tracy and always have!), and the tram crash.

And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?
For Steve McDonald to finally settle down with the right woman and become a settled (but never boring) married man. I hate his serial-monogamy. I know, boring perhaps, but really, I'd love him to find his very own Vera Duckworth. I think it'd be beautiful. Honestly, I think Becky could have been that for him...I hate that she had to leave.

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!