Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Starting to love Kirsty and Natalie Gumede

Is Kristy a classic Corrie nutcase? Is she misunderstood?  Kirsty is now being portrayed as a controlling possessive woman who uses her power as a police officer to create havoc for Tina and she's isolating Tyrone from his mates. Not a good sign. But the more I watch, the more I enjoy watching Natalie Gumede playing Kirsty.

She's perfected the dagger shooting glares, the smug satisfaction of getting one over one others, but she also manages a little vulnerability once in awhile. I hope they don't make Kirsty into another of the classic nutters. I hope they build a few more layers into her character. Maybe I hope for too much in these days of sensationalism, but you never know. If the Powers that Be realize the fans like Natalie enough, they'll find a way to keep her.

Read more about my thoughts on Kirsty and Natalie here!



Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook


Nominate CoronationStreetBlog for a social media award in the Shorty Awards!
Please vote for our blog in the Shorty Awards

8 comments:

Llifon said...

I agree. She's a character you love to hate. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, give up hope. Already the writers will be working out who she can kidnap or kill.

Anonymous said...

As long as she's annoying the shit out of Tina, I like her too

Duncan Lindsay said...

I find her intriguing. Not sure if I'd go as far as saying I like the character yet, but I certainly want to find out more. Natalie is doing a splendid job in the role. I too hope that she has more layers to her. She needs toned down a little if she is going to be long term but that is still very feasible. We've had enough psychos for a while.

Adam Rekitt said...

Another potentially interesting character ruined by poor scripts. Are the writers just relying on the fact that Tina is thoroughly dislikeable to explain the nastiness of their feud? And the I can get you arrested/have charges dropped is irresponsible and pathetic.

Anonymous said...

Natalie is great at playing Kirsty! Defiantly showing us that she is nothing like Cheryl.

Dolly Tubb said...

Agree with all comments - I really dislike Kirsty for all the right reasons!

She shows Tina up summat rotten though!

Anonymous said...

Dont you just want Kirsty to rub Tracy Barlow the wrong way, just once... just because...

c'mon writers... you can do it!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!