Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 2 January 2012

New Blogger - Llifon Jones



Hello all, my name's Llifon, or you may know me as Coronation Street Corner or CSC. Flaming Nora has kindly offered me a place on the blog team and it's a privilege to accept the invitation. I'm 20 years old and from North Wales and I'm currently studying Welsh and History in Bangor University - in my second year.

But what about my love for Corrie? My first memory of Corrie was Des Barnes being attacked and that was about 1998, when I was about 7. But I didn't become properly glued until Hillmania in 2002-03 and since then I've been a big fan. Fave storylines since then include Mad Maya, Rita in court, Ernie Bishop's killer turning up, Ray Langton's return, Mel Hutchwright, Ken and Deirdre's wedding and Colin Grimshaw's secret revealed. I believe there is a strong link between my love of history and Corrie due to the soap having such a long and rich history.

As you've probably noticed in my comments over the years, I've got a soft spot for Rita (isn't the photo above great?!) and I believe she's one of the greatest characters ever to grace the cobbles - in my opinion, the best! She's had great storylines over the years, she's beautiful and she's a true soap legend - one of the few that still grace our screens.

My other favourites over the years include Emily, Alf, Annie Walker, Hilda Ogden and Blanche. I've got myself a lot of Corrie memorabilia that include DVDs that have episodes from 1976-1999; books on the 30th, 40th and 50th anniversary; Treasures of Corrie; Women of Corrie; a VHS about Rita; and this Christmas I received a Corrie mug with Rita and Norris on it!


I hope you will enjoy and contribute to my blog posts. I'm in the process of doing various polls and countdowns and you will have a chance to vote. In the pipeline are the best Corrie characters and couples. So keep a look out daily on the blog in case I'll be posting!

Thank you

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda! (that's Welsh for Happy New Year!)

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Llifon! I look forward to reading your contributions!

Glenda Young said...

Welcome Llifon!

Chewy said...

Welcome!

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you have some interesting ideas Llifon, I love Rita too, and I'm looking forwards to your posts.

Faith-Anne said...

... a warm welcome from across the pond, Llifon! ... Blwyddyn Newydd Dda to you an'all!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Llifon from a former Bangor student who now lives in Canada. I look froward to your comments.
Blwyddyn Newydd Da i chi!

Tvor said...

Welcome Llifon

corrierules said...

Welcome CSC! Looking forward to your posts. I agree with your favorites... but Hilda's my #1! Happy New Year.

Llifon said...

Thanks everyone for the great welcome. I'm looking forward to contributing to this wonderful blog! :D

maggie muggins said...

Welcome, CSC/Llifon! I love the idea that we now have a blogger who's into history and Corrie! The older the show (and me) get, the more I have to learn. I've only been watching since the 80s in reruns in Canada. Then I started watching in the mid-1990s, so I missed some years between. I remember Steve & Andy as teen twins. Then I recall Dougie Ferguson falling over that bannister!

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda to you and look forward to your contributions.

Anonymous said...

Great that you have joined the team, Llifon! Since starting to read this blog I have noticed that I almost always agree with your analysis of things, so I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!