Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 18 August 2011

Vernon Kay wants to be on Coronation Street

Vernon Kay, who presents Family Fortunes, says he wants nothing better than to be in Coronation Street. According to today's Sun, Vernon said: "I'd love to be a shop assistant in Dev's shop or a barman, or the cleaner in the pub. I did speak to a guy on Coronation Street a couple of years ago and he had this character lined up. Nothing came out of that, but I would be up for doing it now.  Corrie has a real subtle undertone of comedy and that is what I have been brought up around."

What do you think?

Family Fortunes returns this Saturday 20th August with a Coronation Street special. Find out more here.

9 comments:

John McE said...

Is anyone else getting fed up of the number of celebs claiming they want to be in Coronation Street - knowing full well it's sure to get picked up by the newspapers, thus ensuring maximum publicity for whatever they are promoting?

I'm sure Vernon would fit right in, and we'd soon forget who he was... NOT!

Tvor said...

I agree. It's all about getting your name in the papers. And he looks like a poor Liam Connor wannabe with Ryan Connor hair.

Anonymous said...

he could be steve's long lost son

Humpty Dumpty said...

Don't have a lot of time for Vernon but I have a suggestion for the role of landlady at the Rovers. I think Lisa Tarbuck would be absolutely brilliant - right voice, shape, can do comedy and drama. Plus she can bring her dad (Jimmy) along as a ne'er-do-well relative. He would make a great friend for Dennis.

Cobblestone said...

I can't blame people for wanting to be part of a national institution, and hile I've nothign against Vernon Kay per say, he is NOT AN ACTOR!

Anonymous said...

This bloke just does not appeal to me and all he is good at is shouting. Keep him well away from me on Family Fortunes (as I don't get to see that now since Les Dennis left), and I just hope they don't allow him on Corrie otherwise I might turn channels.

Looney Baloon said...

Agree with John McE, 10 years ago these D listers wouldnt be seen dead on a soap, now they are clamouring for a cameo to boost their profiles and usually flagging careers. I cant stand Vernon Kaye a total show off.

Anonymous said...

If he joins Corrie, i'll be turning channels...what side is BBC1 on?

Kylie O'Reilly said...

Lisa Tarbuck is a brilliant idea - I love her - she is hilarious and would fit in perfectly. Imagine scenes with her and Julie hahahahaha

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!