Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 4 August 2011

Mark Lawson on Grimetime TV: why the north rules

From Coronation Street to Cold Feet, the north of England has dominated TV drama. The Guardian's Mark Lawson, who is a huge Corrie fan, reveals the grim truth about why southerners don't get a look in.  Ok, so this isn't primarily about Coronation Street but using the above picture of Elsie and Dennis Tanner was too great a chance not to take to promote this piece!

5 comments:

Tvor said...

Excellent picture!

Anonymous said...

What's that long thing in the middle? Oh, I realise now 'cos me dad's got one of those and what do they call them again? oh es, a tin bath!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... well the Midlands are hardly North, are they? And what about the early soaps on Radio, The Archers, Mrs Dale's Diary? The English make me laugh, always squabbling over trivia!

Anonymous said...

That reminds me, I must get some bananas when I go shopping tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Do you know, not only do i need to get some bananas when i go shopping tomorrow, but I might even get meself some pickle onions...funny, i don't know what made me think of those ... Mmmm... a pickle onion and banana sandwich - ideal for watching Corrie to get your teeth into something!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!