Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 6 August 2011

The many faces of Gail McIntyre

In what has been a fairly strong week for Corrie, one of the highlights has to be last night’s opening scene with Gail singing along to Katy Perry’s Firework.

The whole breakfast scene at the Platt household was stellar but Helen stole the show with her rendition of the song, which was rather fitting song choice considering the fight which broke out only moments later between Kylie and Becky.

Gail has been having a lot of screen time over the past few weeks and a lot of it has been sulking about David and Kylie so it was nice to see the more comical side of Gail which is often overlooked.

That said, we got to see Gail’s caring side earlier in the week as well when she comforted poor Kylie over little Max, so I love the way the show is using Gail at the moment. I know she’s not always the most popular character amongst viewers but I’ve always been a fan of Gail and I hope we see more of her like we have this week because when given the chance she can do so much more than be at David’s beck and call.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two questions: a) Has Gail been practising singing in the bath?
b) Is she going to release a recording of herself and when will I be able to buy it?

Frosty the Snowman said...

I thought those scenes with Gail "singing" in the kitchen totally cringeworthy. So unnaturally done, pathetic is a word I would use. I know some people like Gail and I do like Helen Worth but I think the character of Gail is well past her sell by. A braver producer would write her out. I cannot abide her constantly sour face, it turns the milk in me tea.

Dolly Tubb said...

Helen Worth is a lovely lady and does a lot of work for various charities. However, I don't think that the 'serious stuff' is her forte - as has been said before, part of Corrie's problems has been asking actors to do scenes which they just can't handle. Much has been said of Gail's eyelash-batting, whispery rabbit-in-the-headlights approach to her stint in jail which was just painful.

BUT! I love, love, love Gail when she does the light hearted humorous stuff. Last night's Firework sing-a-long was cracking! And she is great with Sally doing a Les Dawson type of over the fence gossiping. And she was lovely with Kylie too. And fantastically sour faced with Becky!

Let's hope TPTB play to Gail's strengths in the future - that's why Gail is a great addition to the Street!

Chris said...

I love Gail, she's an excellent, versatile character and Helen plays her perfectly

Anonymous said...

I think Gail can be a comical and good actor, if only she is given good scripts more often. I only wish she would speak up a little more an odd time or two.

Tvor said...

I love Gail, too. I thought the singing scenes were great! Don't most of us sing lustily when we think we're alone like that?

And Blackie, the comments are moderated now because of one or two nasty anonymous posters. Sometimes, it takes a bit longer for us to get to the moderation if we're busy. We can't be sat her refreshing the screens all day.

maggie muggins said...

It's alway s fun when a scene opens with someone thinking they're alone & doing something silly! And where is that photo of Gail from? My, my!

Cobblestone said...

I loved the 'Fireworks ' opening. It was a glimpse of young Gail Potter of old, and a welcome reminder of who she was in her 'Ivy II' days. Also loved her warmth with Kiley earlier in the week.

Anonymous said...

I cant stand Gail, she lets David get away with anything, has a sour old ladies face, Audrey is just as bad she is irritating, phoney,stupid pretends shes something that she isnt, let them both drive into the river of no return.

Anonymous said...

Gail is bi-polar an can't sing.
So is David who is an idiot and has had a personality transplant...come to think of it..so has just about everyone on the street!!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!