Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Corrie's Sally supports Breast Cancer Awareness month

Letter from Sally Dynevor, who plays Coronation Street's Sally Webster:
"As I am sure you know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and like me, many of your blog readers will have a reason to be passionate about it. Whilst UK breast cancer mortality rates have decreased there are still around 48,000 new cases diagnosed every year and around 12,000 deaths.

As a breast cancer survivor I am absolutely passionate about finding a cure which is why I am supporting Breast Cancer Campaign, a charity dedicated to funding world class research which takes us a step closer to beating breast cancer.

It is so important that that we are ‘breast aware’ and I urge women to check themselves regularly. I only discovered I had breast cancer after a Coronation Street plotline in which my character developed the disease inspired me to check my own breasts. The early diagnosis could well have saved my life! There’s no right or wrong way to check your breasts just know what’s normal for you and if you notice any changes, consult your doctor immediately. Remember the earlier the diagnosis, the better the chance of survival.

We need to join forces as a nation and put a stop to breast cancer. That is why I am encouraging everyone – yes that means you - of all ages to take part in the biggest, pinkest fundraiser of the year, Breast Cancer Campaign’s wear it pink day!

On Friday 28 October, people all over the UK will wear it pink to raise money so that Breast Cancer Campaign can continue to fund vital research. Join the many schools, colleges, businesses and individuals around the country by wearing something pink and donating £2. For further information and a fundraising pack go to http://www.wearitpink.co.uk/

So come on everybody, join me and wear it pink on Friday 28 October and together - let’s be part of the cure".

Sally Dynevor, wear it pink ambassador.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My calendar must be wrong - I wasn't aware that it was October already.

Miriam said...

Thanks for the info.

Here is another October Breast Cancer Awareness Month offer for those who would like to know how to prevent breast cancer: a free copy of Prevent Breast Cancer by Reducing Risk Factors is being offered at this link. http://www.christianstressmanagement.com/2011/09/ebooks-sale.html

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!