Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Coronation Street cast support I Love MCR campaign

Members of the Coronation Street cast have joined the new  ‘I Love MCR’ campaign, launched after last week's rioting.

Antony Cotton, who plays Sean Tully, said: "I love Manchester – always have and always will.  Last week was one of the saddest and darkest moments in its history. But what we learned was, as if we needed reminding, that the breaking glass and wailing sirens will never drown out the proud beating heart of this amazing city – the greatest city in the world."

Sacha Parkinson – Sian Powers – added: "I love the way people come together in Manchester. There’s a real sense of community. The spirit we’ve seen from people after the riots sums up what the real Manchester is about. That’s what makes us proud to be from Manchester."

Join the campaign at www.facebook.com/WeLoveMCR

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an uneasy feeling some people will not read it as "I love Manchester" but as "I love My Chemical Romance" as it is always shortened to MCR. I hope not!

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE one of these shirts!
Anyone know how to get one??? xxx

Anonymous said...

Way to trash it out, ladies... yikes!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!