Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 8 July 2011

Kylie Platt's dilemma

Dear Doctor Jane,
I wonder if you can help me? My mother-in-law’s driving me mad. She just can’t seem to accept that her beloved son is married to me now, and that it’s down to me to look after him. She seems to think that just because I can’t cook; hate washing-up; don’t ‘do’ cleaning and am quite happy to let her to do all the work around the house, I’m somehow lazy!
Doesn’t she understand that finding clothes small enough and tight enough to fit, arguing and doing my nails keeps me fully-occupied and that I simply haven’t got time to do all that poxy shopping and stuff? What’s even worse, is that she won’t move out, and expects me and him to find a place of our own … on our money! She just doesn’t understand. What should I do?
Kylie

Dear Kylie,
There’s always trouble when a son puts another woman before his mother – that’s just life I’m afraid, but you have to understand that she only wants the best for him. They’re clearly very close, and he must love her very much – unlike some of my clients (who’ve even been known to push their mum down the stairs and send them cards supposedly from a dead man), and I think you should maybe try and make a special effort to get-along with her more. Maybe a friendly comment on her attractive hairstyle (or telling her that you admire her dress sense), might help perhaps? It’s the little things that make such a difference. Try to become more of a daughter to her (getting pregnant helps), but if none of that works, I suggest either moving to Italy or (if your husband wants to stay close to his mother), maybe looking for a flat above a local Hairdressers?
Good luck,
Doctor Jane - website at http://bit.ly/mR1QVz

1 comment:

IamSimon said...

Haha! Love this!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!