Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 12 June 2011

New Corrie Blogger

Hi everyone, I'm Rachel, I'm 20 years old and I'm thrilled to be asked to join this blog.

I have always loved Coronation Street ever since I was very young. My earliest memory of Corrie is when Steve McDonald pushed his dad Jim off the scaffolding in 1998 and I've been hooked ever since.

My favourite characters at the moment are Steve, Tyrone, and Julie. My favourite ever character is Richard Hilman. Even now I can't listen to the Wannadies' You and Me Song without thinking of the moment he went into the canal with that song playing.

I live in Bolton, about 25 miles away from the Corrie set in Manchester. Consequently, on various shopping trips, my family and I have been fortunate enough to get the autographs of many of the stars of the show, including Alison King (Carla) Jean Alexander (Hilda) and Antony Cotton (Sean)

I visited the set before they stopped giving tours, which was a great day and it's one of my greatest ambitions to go back.

I also created a magazine with my sister entitled Corrie Weekly which we made for three years, and have a lot more memorabilia, including anniversary books, a copy of a signed photo of the cast and various Corrie DVDs.

Anyway, thank you again for letting me join this wonderful blog, and I look forward to posting more of my thoughts about my favourite street in weeks to come.

6 comments:

Faith-Anne said...

... a hearty welcome from across the pond, Petal ... shall look forward to reading your blogs.

Tvor said...

Welcome Rachel!

bbhilda said...

Wow! You have Jean Alexander's autograph? I'm impressed! Hilda is my favourite character of all time.
Welcome to the blog, it will be interesting to read the views from the standpoint of someone your age.

Llifon said...

Welcome!

Glenda Young said...

Rachel what sort of things did you put in your Corrie Weekly magazine and do you stil have any pics of the ones you made you could post to the blog, it sounds fantastic!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! Corrie weekly was eight pages long and consisted of a front cover, contents, episode by episode (basically a tv guide which only featured Corrie) too articles on the big news stories of the week, also this week, next week in Corrie and a back cover. I'll try and dig it out and take photos. It's all hand written though!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!