Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 6 June 2011

New Corrie Blogger


Hi everyone. My name is Simon and I am thrilled to have been invited to join this great blog. I am 17 and I have been watching Coronation Street for as long as I remember.

Some of my earliest memories are when Alma had cancer, Toyah was raped and Jim killed Jez. I've always stuck by the show even when it has had bad patches. I for one found the storyline where Michelle found out Ryan was not her real son to be one of the most dreadful storylines ever. However, I would never give up watching the soap. I have read that other fans sometimes skip through certain scenes when they are watching the show because they don't like the characters. And although there are several characters and storylines I do not enjoy on the show, I would never skip through them because they are part of the whole show, and as a fan and a great admirer of Corrie's producers and writing team, I feel I owe them to at least watch the scenes - I mean, what is the harm? All I am doing is sat on the sofa looking at a screen!

My favourite characters on the soap are currently Gary, Graeme, Mary, Peter, Leanne, Owen, Eileen, Frank & Carla.
My least favourite characters are Michelle, Gail, Kevin and Kirk.
I have been a massive fan of John Stape's storyline and it's great to know that his character is still out there somewhere!

Away from Corrie, In my spare time I am a massive music fan and enjoy going to gigs. I also enjoy spending time with friends and family and meeting new people.

Once again, thank you for letting me join your team here at the Coronation Street Blog, I can't wait to get blogging about everyone's favourite cobbled street!

10 comments:

Karen Kaye said...

Welcome! I look forward to hearing from someone who is as old as the length of time I've been watching LOL!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Simon, nice to meet you.I too have been a Corrie fan ever since i can remember, and have hadly ever missed an episode. I also stay true to it, even when the storylines are very unbievable...don't like the way everyone gangs up against Becky, i.e.Dev (who can't act and should have been in the shop when the tram crashed into it). I mean she saved his wifes LIFE but doesn't want anything to do with her because she stole some money off him, which he got back anyway.
Have fun here.
Christopher.

Llifon said...

Welcome to the blog Simon! Glad Corrie attracts young people (I'm 19) even if it's 51!

Clinkers (David) said...

Welcome Simon - here's to many happy hours of blogging!

IamSimon said...

Thank you everyone! I must say, it's not very cool for a 17 year old guy to watch Corrie, but I can't help but watch, it's just brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Simon! Look forward to your insights!

~JB in Canada

Tvor said...

Welcome Simon! I'm with you, i generally love Corrie even through it's bad spots and plot holes. It's still miles better than anything else out there. I look forward to reading your views on things.

Deborah said...

Hi Simon, Pleased to meet you. I think I've been watching as long as you have. I could never forward through certain characters or stories either. The good parts more than make up for the bad ones. Looking forward to reading your blogs.

Grant said...

Hey! I'm Grant, I'm 17 also and love Coronation Street. My earliest memories are also similar to yours. Ha, I've been reading the Coronation Street Blog for about 2 years now and have always thought it was for people much older than me! It's great that someone my age is writing for it. I look forward to reading some of your posts.

IamSimon said...

Cheers Grant, I've been reading this blog for a few years as well, usually just lurking! Hopefully I can put forward some interesting posts! :)

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!