Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 24 June 2011

Dennis Tanner's dialogue is a nod to Corrie's past


Did anyone else notice Dennis Tanner's line from last night?
"I'm not ready for the knacker yard yet." I just had to smile when I heard it, and I got the picture in my head of Elsie examining herself in the mirror some 50 years ago.

It's lovely the way the writers are putting in these little nods to the show's history. Have you noticed any other nods to the show's history over the years?

3 comments:

Tvor said...

Yes, i caught that too. Lovely nod to history

DeeDee Eckerslyke said...

I thought it was interesting that Elsie used to be a Grimshaw... wonder if that will lead to more revelations down the line...

Glenda Young said...

It was a lovely touch, I agree.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!