Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 6 June 2011

Daring to like Kylie?

I for one was less than bowled over when Kylie Turner made her debut in the Street. Just another mouthy tramp, I thought. The storyliners have obviously gone for the slow burn on this one. This particular leopard will probably never change her spots but we are starting to see a slightly more reserved, doubtful versuion of the hideous spitbag who first graced the cobbles. On Coronation Street, dopery David aside, she is friendless and one wonders who on earth Collinson and co will eventually team her up with. Katie? Amber? Sylvia? Will Kylie be to Gail what Gail was once to Ivy?

Anyway, we are several months into the dubious delights of Kylie Turner and this particular blogger has decided to nail his colours to the mast (or to Tracy if she's within hammering distance . . .) and declare . . . I quite like Kylie!

Does she have a future in the Street and, if so, who on earth is going to give her the time of day?

10 comments:

IamSimon said...

I like Kylie too, she is played by a great actress as well. She does need some friends, but she tried to be friends with Xin but she was very nasty to her and nasty about Graeme, so if she is like that to everyone...it might be hard to find her friends!
I do think eventually she will get on with Gail.

Glenda Young said...

I think she's quite wonderful and played with aplomb by Paula Lane. Kylie has the makings of a classic Corrie woman, I think.

Clinkers (David) said...

I agree Nora - I think she will step out of Becky's shadow pretty soon.

Tvor said...

She's fantastic and Paula Lane has a lot to do with that! I have a feeling Gail may end up really liking her in spite of herself :)

Llywela said...

The show is doing a good job of peeling back the layers on Kylie to reveal the vulnerabilities hidden beneath that hard, brash exterior. I really like that she and Becky are so very damaged in such similar ways, yet that damage affects them both in very different ways.

I'm intrigued to see what they have planned for Kylie (and David) in the future!

Scott Willison said...

I'm sure that Kylie was only intended as a temporary character, but Paula Lane was so brilliant they had to bring her back. She manages to be awful and yet brilliant.

Frosty the Snowman said...

I like Kylie and its a good point that history is repeating itself with Ivy and Gail. I remember Ivy didnt approve of the younger Gail either and nobody was good enough for her Brian. Perhaps we could have a blog on comparisons Tvor/Yoorke? Lets just get rid of Becky now please as she is well past her sell by now and is just annoying most viewers.

Rebecca said...

I agree, I quite like the softer side.

Dilly Daydream said...

I'll admit she is growing on me - I liked the soft, pleased look on her face when she was on the stairs and overheard David talking to Gail the other day. It was quite sweet.

Hopefully she will lose some of the rough edges she currently has.

Anonymous said...

Team Kylie !

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!