Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 4 April 2011

Praising Paula Lane

While watching Kylie's antics last week, and then seeing her show a vulnerability that we don't see from her too often. She broke down when telling Gail about her childhood and then asked Becky to come to the wedding. When she was rejected, you could see the wall go back up firmly. More and more I am loving to hate Kylie and that's down to Paula Lane's amazing performance. Read more about it over here. I'm really looking forward to this week's episodes in the run up to the wedding on Friday, too!

6 comments:

Looney Baloon said...

Er, her vulnerability sounded like a yarn to me and she soon reverted to type when Gail tried to be kind to her by giving her some money from her magic bottomless purse.

Anonymous said...

I disagre. Just because someone has to cry on the show doesn't mean they did well. I cringed throughout the whole scene...

Anonymous said...

Who better to tell a 'yarn' to but Gail ......the woman is so easily conned, you have to wonder if she has a screw loose. I cannot believe the verbal abuse she puts up with from Kylie and David...and being ordered about in her own home.

Anonymous said...

I think she's a decent actress, but she hasn't done anything spectacular yet. And I still can't warm to Kylie - just when I feel sympathetic about her past she reverts to type as Looney said.

Sea Penguin said...

No, I don't like Kylie at all. Perhaps she is a good actress but the character is so awful I just turn away when she's on screen. I can't see Audrey being thick enough to sign the salon over the that pair either quite frankly.

Anonymous said...

She's a decent actress but I find her character a bit unbelievable. A person with that kind of traumatized background should have a more nuanced personality. The flaw is in the fact that there are no close scenes between her and David other than the two of them lounging in the living room annoying Gail. These two are supposed to be "in love" and getting married and yet there are no intimate, private conversations showing fear, doubt, hopes ... all this is supposed to happen off-stage? Someone's not earning their pay.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!