Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 24 April 2011

Life's not much of a laugh for some ...



Thank you for reading my first blog last week and for all your kind words. Let's crack straight on with this week's, shall we?

Gosh, it can be hard when you feel as if the whole world’s against you – as Maria does right now – but you have to believe in what you know to be the truth – no matter what awful things people are saying about you, don’t you?
She's not having a lot of fun right now, but it did cross my mind that I can’t actually recall having ever seen Maria laugh. Oh wait … no, my mistake; that was only half a smile in that Episode from June 2006.
I smiled – nay, laughed – as Rosie tottered across the road and wailed to Sal “Oh mum, have you seen my hair? It’s like a rat’s nest. I totally need some hair extensions. I’ve always wanted to be able to sit on my hair.” Wouldn't you just love to go to work in the mornings knowing you were going there to write lines like that?
Now that Sally’s got half of Kevin’s money, Rosie’s working hard on both of them to ensure she’ll be getting a cut - even offering to look after baby Jack for the afternoon. Wish we’d seen a bit of that!
Talking of manipulative kids: next door to the Webster’s, Eddie Windass has already had enough of devil-child Faye and is packing his bags. What's that? "Far-fetched and unbelievable storyline?" Answers on a postcard to Mr. E. Windass, somewhere in Germany.
Things run like clockwork in Germany – so they’d have us believe – but they’d be hard-pressed to beat the Health Centre for efficiency. As John/Colin went in for his 5.00 appointment the clock said 5.00. Now that’s impressive. They missed a trick though. Wouldn’t it have given us eagle-eyed viewers a chuckle (and been more realistic!), if the clock had said maybe 5.30 - like in a Doctor's in the real world?
The funniest thing this week though has been Roy’s mother Sylvia. She’s another Blanche in the making. When a character has so many great one-liners that you don’t know which to choose, that’s when you know you’re onto a winner, but my Grin of the Week has to be this gem:
Kevin: “Wondered if you wanted a lift to the hearing?”
Sally: “I’d rather be driven by Stevie Wonder.”
Do we think there’s the hint of a reconciliation on the cards? I wouldn’t be surprised. Let’s hope so. Kev without Sal is like seeing Peter Barlow sober … strangely unsettling.

6 comments:

Frosty the Snowman said...

Why does everyone keep saying Sylive is another Blanche, she is not Blanche and will never be her. Could you please use larger fonts as well.

gab said...

sylvia is horrible to poor roy not another blanche at all

agree about the eddie leaving story another far fetched piece of drivel

and seeing as fay was adopted based on the fact that they were both going to be parents wouldnt that cause problems if he left so soon?

pickledjo said...

I love Roy's mum.
"The one in the wheelchair."
"I like her."

Eddie's leaving was too fast. Poor Faye. Let's pray for Eddie's return. (With a wig).

Adam Rekitt said...

Although I agree that it would be much more realistic for someone with a 5pm doctor's appointment to be actually seen at 5.30pm, TV cannot do that kind of thing.

It's like Jim constantly referring to Liz as his wife during the bank raid. I'm sure lots of divorced men sometimes forget the "ex" and say my wife, but on TV it just looks like a mistake. And then its distracting, because you think: "She's not his wife..... Hang on, did they actually divorce...Of course yes, she married Vernon.....Oh bother! I've missed what was happening".

bbhilda said...

Frosty - wasn't that post just a little -um frosty?

I do like Roy's mother, and the lines she is being given have a definite Blanche flavour, quick and cutting.

I hate the Eddie leaving storyline, I just can't understand the necessity of it, and find it totally unbelievable. I too think it would screw up Anna's ability to keep Faye by having them split up this soon after her arrival. If they wanted Eddie out, they should have written out the whole family in my opinion.

gab said...

i agree bb either get rid of all of them or none at all

eddies leaving is completely ridiculous

they wrote him out wasnt the actor was it?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!