Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 17 April 2011

Georgia May Foote on playing Corrie's pregnant Katy

There's an interview today in the Daily Star with Georgia May Foote, the actress who plays Katy Armstrong on Coronation Street. Georgia May decribes her first screen kiss with Sam Aston, who plays Chesney, and says that after the kiss, the crew played Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye through the loud speakers on the set. And the kiss had to be filmed 20 times to ensure it was caught from every angle.  In real life Georgia May is 20 years old and Sam Aston's just 17 but they do a wonderfully convincing job of playing much younger teens on TV, don't they? 

You can read the full interview here.

3 comments:

Frosty the Snowman said...

She is a very pretty girl. Disappointed in her as I thought her to be smart and savvy, but she has had a personality change to just be a clingy dope. Hope the baby doesnt have red urr.

Yoork (Kate) said...

the character of Katy seems quite foolish. like a younger Maria! Pretty - but blah!

Anonymous said...

I really like Katie, I think she is very pretty and I thought she was younger than she acctually is! I am a massive fan, I want to be soo much like her (apart from the baby at 16), chesney looks like a great boyfriend for her aswell (on corrie). I would really like to know how I can contact her, by letter or email, so if anyone knows anything please let me know!!
Like I said before, I am a MASSIVE FAN!!!! xxxx I love watching her scences on Corrie and cant wait to see the one tonight, I am so pleased that she is not having an abortion now, I really want to see how she can handle having a baby at such a young age! x

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!