Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 7 April 2011

Calm down Corrie

I like Corrie's big storylines, I like the explosions, I like the car crashes, I like the gun sieges and I like the murders. But I'm starting to worry about the way Corrie is going, I'm still enjoying the storylines now, and even the ones coming up sound exciting.

But I know that some point down the line Corrie will have burnt out from these storylines, I know because I watched it happen to Emmerdale back in 2006, too many high profile storylines like the house collapse and Tom King's murder and kidnap lead to the show becoming rather flat, it became more about the next big explosion rather than the characters. Lucky for Corrie they're keeping track of their character development...kind of.

I'm just hoping by the end of this year the show will have calmed down a little, and started telling stories about the characters (like with the upcoming easter special) again. Saying all this, I do have to admit that most high profile events have fitted into their respective storyline, the upcoming bank robbery however does not, and seems like a plot device to give Liz a quick exit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are not keeping track of their character development, from David Platt's miracle epilepsy cure to Jim McDonald's inept bank robbing. I am hoping the show will have calmed down by the summer - it is badly losing its way.

Chewy said...

Apparently David still has epilepsy, not sure when they'll next reference it though,

Anonymous said...

It appears as if his epilepsy has been cured, because it's never mentioned. Kylie is accused of harbouring secrets, but David has not bothered mentioning to her an illness that can be genetic. No one has mentioned any concern that the stress of the wedding may lead to a seizure, or a worry about taking flash pictures. And while I am at it, I am not waiting with baited breath for any reference to the reasons for the absence of his father and sister at his wedding.

There is still time for these glaring holes to be filled, but I am not hopeful, as the focus is all on the plot of will Kylie be bought off with £1000. Yawn!
Showing David coming to terms with his eplilepsy diagnosis and learning to live with it would be interesting, original and helpful in increasing understanding of epilepsy. But that does not get Collinson headlines in Soap Weekly or whatever. So David's epilepsy is just a plot device to get him off a charge of attempted murder and one of the thousands of reasons why Corrie is off the rails.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm wrong but don't most people with epilepsy live fairly normal lives. It can be well controlled with medication. He seems to have fairly mild case. He's hardly going to sit at home all day in case he has a fit. Obviously he can't drive but apart from that can't he lead a normal life and get on with things and then if he has a fit it can be dealt with..I guess they should write another fit in at some stage soon but other than that I think it would be boring if they went on about it all the time...

Anonymous said...

No-one is suggesting that he can't lead a normal life or should sit around all day, nor that they should go on about it all the time. But not one single mention of it since he was diagnosed?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!