Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 17 March 2011

Who's the fittest bloke on Coronation Street at the moment?


Never mind all the hoo-ha about holey plotlines, slumps and so forth. Let's get completely shallow for a moment and contemplate Coronation Street's line-up of fit male totty. After all, we might as well, till the storylines pick up.

I'm speaking as an older woman, so my personal choices might not chime with everyone else's. Putting it mildly.
Top of my list is always going to be Eddie Windass (Steve Huison). That's just a given. He's had everyone's hearts a-fluttering, parading around in his pants and *swoon* dressing gown. Well - mine anyway.
Second, would probably be John Stape (Graeme Hawley). Living dangerously, I know. But there is something weirdly attractive about him. Dimples, perhaps?
Thirdly, Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne). Needs no explanation whatsoever. Devastatingly good-looking chap. But this has all been said before.
Now we're moving into new territory. I'm throwing Kevin Webster (Michael le Vell) into the mix. What's not to fancy? He's dark and handsome (not sure if he's tall...) with a rapidly-developing world-weary charm. And it's always handy to be on good terms with a feller who knows his way around a motor.
Owen could be up there too, rough and ready along with Bill Webster - only I find him far too alarming. Anyone else got any favourite Coronation Street fellas just now?

15 comments:

Llywela said...

Peter Barlow tops my list. He's very easy on the eye, played by one of the strongest and most charismatic actors on the show, and just generally never fails to hold my interest - I find him a fascinating mix of positive and negative qualities. Also I just love his sense of humour. And his voice.

Second and third places, for me, I think, would be Steve and Lloyd - each for pretty much the same reason, now I come to think about it. They are both such softies!

I have developed a very big soft spot for John Stape, as well. There's just something ridiculously appealing about that bumblingly incompetent serial killer...

Tvor said...

I'd have to say Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne and Michael LeVell are both short on one end). John Stape is nice looking but i can't get past his character's lying manipulative self centered faults. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'd have to say Eddie is #1. He has a certain "je ne sais quoi" that I love. He might be clumsy in showing it, but you can see he adores Anna.

(which reminds me ... how in the hell are they gonna write a storyline that sees him gone, but Anna's still there)

Peter is my 2nd favourite. Smouldering eyes, gorgeous smile & cute dimples.

Kevin is next, for sure. LUV his eyes. The whole Molly thing was a mistake and he did end the mistake a long time ago.

~JB in Canada

Simone C. said...

LLoyd! I still have a lingering Red Dwarf crush.

Anonymous said...

You have terrible taste in men!

Scott Willison said...

Jason Grimshaw is first and always shall be. Absolutely gorgeous. Such a lovely twinkly smile.

John Stape is next - again, a lovely smile - and Kevin is a remarkably well-preserved middle aged man; I'd say he gets better with age. I could see why Molly fancied him (why he fancied her is another matter entirely).

And Grahame has lovely eyes....

mister_tmg said...

Oh dear, I can tell you lot are all ladies (or gentlemen?) of a certain age! Graham is the only attractive bloke the show has right now... hang on... Jason is nice, and the delectable Mikey North aka Gary!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear... this is like scraping the bottom of the barrel... naw... luckily I don't watch to get a spoonful of eye candy in the men department...

None of those mentioned so far have the TV/movie star looks as Ken Barlow -- even at 70 something, this guy outshines them all...

Scott Willison said...

I can't believe I forgot Gary: the definitive bit of scally rough...

Ange said...

KENNETH!!! ~sigh~ It's his hair. The sight of him in his pjs with Dierdre in Bedtime Stories is enough to make a girl (of a certain age) come over all wobbly.

Anonymous said...

I don't find Kevin the least bit attractive it is his personality that turns me off - he always looks crabby.

mister_tmg said...

I think Bill Roache has worn very well indeed, it must be said!

Sea Penguin said...

@anonymous - scraping the bottom of the barrel indeed! well-fit fellas, the lot of 'em. Just a shame they'd run a mile if they saw me coming ;)

Yoor said...

Gary - all the way!!!

Anonymous said...

No-one has mentioned Nick "Big Ears" Tilsley? Not surprising really as he always looks as if he's just sat on a cactus and looks about the same age as Peter Barlow, despite supposedly being 15 years younger.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!