Written by John Kerr, directed by Duncan Foster
It’s a rough morning at Eileen’s with her hung over, along with Liz passed out on the couch. Eileen still has no idea why Becky chucked Liz out. Over at Casa Rovers, Steve is giving Becky the cold – everything. Becky still insists that “it’s not my fault.” She really needs a reality check. Becky later overlooks Tracey talking to Steve outside the Rovers from a far and looks suspicious. It’s sight usually unseen – Liz sans makeup – inside the Rovers. Steve tells her that it’s her home, but Liz reminds him that it’s not as long as Becky’s living there. Liz warns Steve – who says he still loves Becky – that she’ll ruin his life and she can’t watch it happen. After a tearful goodbye from Liz, she totes her hot pink luggage down the cobbles to the nearest bed for let. Later, Becky tells Steve she’s not proud of herself but it would have never worked her and Liz living under the same roof. Steve’s not ready to sleep in bed with Becky again.
At the hotel, Liz gets hit on by a man whom of which she believes to be married – so she tells him to shove off. He says if she keeps that attitude, it’s no wonder she’s alone at the bar. Who else would show up at the hotel, but Jim McDonald. Andy told him where Liz would be, so he came. They speak about Steve’s predicament, and Jim wonders what she’s going to do. Jim suggests that Liz buy the boozer off of Steve. Liz looks in shock as though she hadn’t thought of that before? Jim walks Liz to her room and tries to get an invite him. Liz tells him that what happened between them in Spain (WHAT?!) wasn’t a mistake, but there’s too much going on right now. Okay, Spain, what?
Peter, Leanne and Simon are back from their honeymoon. Peter thinks it’s weird being back. They bump into Cheryl and Lloyd who tell them that they’re looking at buying No.13 – Claire’s old place. They agree to catch up over dinner later. Later, at dinner Cheryl mentions that the new head at the boy’s school wants to meet her about Russ. She’s not sure why, but from the look on Leanne’s face she thinks that Russ might be in trouble.
Sally “Jeff’s just a friend” Webster is having a drink with Gail later, talking about Jeff. Sally figures she’d never be with anyone else again but Kevin. Kevin sure didn’t feel that way. Gail threatens that if she doesn’t want Jeff, she’ll take him. The factory girls drool over Jeff, and try to rate him out of ten, but Julie says she’ll have to see him naked first to really make an accurate rating. At home later, Sophie’s out so Sally let’s Jeff stay the night. Things are heating up at Sal’s and it’s nothing to do with that old cooker!
Gail gives Tracey a frosty reception at the Rovers. Frank turns up as Gail is at the bar and Gail can’t help but stay catty with Tracey. Later, Frank gets the deets from Gail about what Tracey did. Tracey sees them talking and fears the worst. When Frank later tries to cancel on her, she says she knows the real reason why and tries to explain that her conviction was based on self-defence. Frank has no idea what he’s in for – but I don’t feel sorry for him really. Tracey takes revenge later by ordering pizzas to Gail’s house. It seems Gail will never be able to order from Pizza Feaster again.
Janice goes back to Underworld to pick up her wages and P45, and she gets a whip around fund from Julie for leaving. She can’t leave without a bust with Eileen and gets back to her old ways. Eileen gets a talking to about being a troublemaker from Carla, don’t you worry. Just as Janice is outside counting her dues, Trev shows up out of the blue as usual. Must be nice to have a guy like him turn up whenever needed! At The Rovers, Jan and Trev leave to go back to Julie’s since Carla will be showing up and Trev wants to avoid.
- Liz: “The only way I’ll speak to her [Becky] again is through a medium.”
- Steve to Tracey: “Don’t pretend you care, don’t suit ya.”
- I don’t like Tracey, but I liked her hair this episode.
- Julie: “Fiz’s John’s back tomorrow.” Sean: “Oh, is he alright?” Sally: “He was never alright.” You tell ‘em Sally!
- Janice on Eileen: “Will somebody chuck her a bone and shut her up.” Eileen: “Tell you what Jan, why don’t you dig one of your old ones up for us, eh?” Ha-ha, I am going to miss this banter between Janice and Eileen when Janice leaves.
- How Janice tells everyone to get a round in on her, then when she decides to leave, she takes the money back!!! Typical Janice.
- Julie’s jazzercise outfit, headband and all! I wonder if she works out to THIS video?
- I love Liz and Jim together.
- Julie, when deciding not to go to her exercise class: “I just need to accept that God wants me this way.” Sean: “Yeah, that’s nice. Seems that nobody else does though.”
- Becky: “It’s not all my fault.” REALLY?! She needs to learn when to finally keep her gob shut.
- Becky just being around. I’m sick of her. *sigh*
- Leanne looking snobbish towards Russ possibly being in trouble at school. What’s that about?
- As if Steve feels bad for being rude to Tracey?